Blog 10

 As an elementary school science teacher, I aim to utilize surveys within my classroom to garner how my students are feeling about the instruction they are receiving. In addition, I would use tests and average out their scores to gage how they are understanding the concepts. I aim to teach fifth grade and I think the students will be able to understand how their responses will allow them to advocate for themselves. I think this can also be done for fun things like surveys on their opinions about certain things for s fun class activity. 

Something that I was able to find very interesting about reviewing my classmate's blogs would have to be how they were able to represent their ideas so differently. They were both so creative and original, and I would have never thought to do some of the stuff that they did within their projects. This was very inspiring to me and gave me great ideas to use in the future. I think it was very impressive how they were still able to meet the requirements!

I feel like the badges thus far have given me the opportunity to better understand the projects we have. Doing so has allowed for me to put the skills I learn during the lesson to use and better understand the functions of the program we are using. I feel as though this will be very helpful in the future when I would like to apply my skills to other things. I have enjoyed gaining this in depth perspective!

A technology related skill which I would love to learn next would have to be Excel. I think that I have always avoided it because I am scared of its complexity, but I have found myself in the need of something like it over the past few months. I think this will help me better manage all of my scores for classes, and if I become a teacher in the future it can help me breakdown data easier. This is something I aim to do by watching tutorials and learning from example of others. 

Comments

  1. I can tell that you have put a lot of thought into your use of surveys in your future classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to use surveys in my future classroom as well. I really like the idea of entrance and exit surveys for middle and high school students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog