Madisson Hunley- 2040 EME Blog, Spring 2022


             Hi there! My name is Madisson Hunley, and I am a second semester Sophomore at Florida State University, currently pursuing Elementary Education. I am originally from Orlando, Florida, however I have spent most of my life in the Tampa area. Through living in Tallahassee the past year and a half, I have been able to take up new hobbies like rock climbing and camping, which has given me the opportunity to meet new people and have amazing experiences I would not have otherwise not been able to have. Something interesting about me would be that I love tattoos, and I plan on adding to my collection this year. 

            In terms of my prior experiences using technology in the classroom, I would say that I have had the opportunity to experience a great bit of technology both by choice and through the instruction of my teachers. Being a class of 2020 student, my senior year was basically cut in half due to the pandemic, which forced us all to adapt to zoom and continue our learning entirely remotely. This being said, I have also had the ability to take classes in technology such as multiple computer science classes which have allowed me to get a better grasp of the technology being used in the classroom. I have also included using technology in the classroom by choice to improve my own personal learning methods. In college I have been able to utilize computers and tablets to bring with me to instruction to involve various note taking strategies. 

            In terms of my personal learning networks, I have heavily relied on the use of study groups in order to improve my learning. Online, I use Groupme in order to connect with students in my classes. In terms of independently studying, I often use Quizlet to test myself and improve my memorization of certain subjects. Offline, I tend to meet up with people in my classes in order to learn their study methods. This has allowed me to get exposed to new ways of learning material. 

Comments