Blog 8

 When working on the Web Design assignment, I have realized how beneficial it is to plan before beginning to create. I first attempted to create the website based of my intuition and without plan. This ended with me repeating certain steps which were unneeded, and I had to restart in order to better organize my website. I feel as though I have been able to better understand the value of planning, and organizational skills before creating designs. I liked that the assignment exposed me to new forms of website design methods, however I disliked that that there was not explicit instruction to each step, which led to my disorganization. In my future career, I can use the new skills to better improve my classroom information and give parents an easy way to access information.

The new skills that I have gained from using Diigo would include an increase in collaborative effort. I have been able to learn better from others through their input, and apply it to my own assignments. In my classroom, I feel as though there will be much higher amounts of discord, and students can have a way to assist each other when they are confused. With team members, the most important aspect of this has been through the ease of communication I have garnered. In my professional efforts, I can organize my own lessons better, and easily access material. 

In terms of serving as a caveat for the betterment of innovation and technology, teachers must implement various forms of technology within the classroom. Within development, we must consider how students are able to be impacted, and the exposure of them to various forms of technology allows for them to benefit in their educational career. This prepares them for their own professional development and the use of such technology for educational purposes. We must stay with the times in terms of education, as this will prepare our children. 

Education Technology Trends | PowerGistics

Comments

  1. I think you rocked your website design! It was very pleasing to the eye and flowed well from page to page. You kept a simple yet sophisticated theme throughout the entire site! I particularly liked the ease of finding online resources and their links- this is very useful for both students and parents! Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good job on the assignment. I think that your design is sleek and simplistic. I think you did a thorough job on each tab, and the tabs that you have are helpful. I think that your blog is user friendly, which is important when wanting students to visit the blog often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked your website! It is very easy to navigate and read. Each tab is properly labeled and each section is very organized. I liked the colors and pictures you picked because they were not too distracting and did not take away from any of the content. Hopefully, you will be able to use this in the future for a real classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I really liked how you formatted your website. I think your website was easily understandable and very user friendly. You obviously took your time creating the website, and it came out great! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the you posted games as resources for your website! I think games are such a great way for kids to learn. The website is also very user friendly for all ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for the design principles: The format is easy to read since you have contrast. Proximity is there since the info goes with each topic (meaning good repetition as well). Everything is aligned neatly :)

      Delete
  6. Hey Maddie, you website is very well thought-out as it includes information that is important. You did a really good job with formatting everything is designed to match each topic. The colors you choose for your website are also very pleasing and overall, your website is pleasing and easy to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your website it looks very informative and user friendly! The format seems very well designed and it incorporates the necessary resources for students to explore. The design is simple and easy to navigate with the provided tools.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog